So you think you’ve had some strange dates? This Valentine’s Day, The Nature Conservancy compiled the top 10 most bizarre examples of love in the wild.
1) Deep sea angler fish: “Losing yourself in love”
2) Prairie Chickens: “Strut Your Stuff”
3) Burying Beetle: “Family Oriented”
4) Freshwater mussels: “The bait and switch”
5) Prairie Vole: “Born to be Faithful”
6) Bower birds: “Bachelor Pads”
7) Lions: “One Track Mind”
Tree crickets: “Smooth talker”
9) Day Octopus: “Keep Your Distance”
10) Little Brown Bats: “Waiting for the Right Time”
Read the full article and learn more about each animal's "bizarre" courting and mating behaviors at The Nature Conservancy News Room.
Follow us on these social media sites:
The Basin and Range Project
We love the Basin and Range region and work to promote appreciation and respect for the area. We encourage all users to learn about, play in and protect this amazing resource.
We currently focus primarily on issues in the Nevada region of the Basin and Range, but are looking to expand soon.