September 30, 2017 is National Public Lands Day and there are so many ways and opportunities to get involved and give back to your public lands!
Follow this link to see all the opportunities in Nevada: https://www.neefusa.org/find-an-event/NV
If you are outside of Nevada you can go here and click on your state to see what’s happening in your neck of the woods.
Here's a quick glimpse into what is happening here in Nevada.
In Northern Nevada:
• Soldier Meadows Desert Dace Project-Black Rock Desert Area
• Ferris Creek Improvements-Battle Mountain Area
• Truckee River Cleanup-Reno Area
• Washoe Lake Native Seed Collection-Reno, Carson Area
• Bloody Shins Mountain Bike Trail Maintenance –Winnemucca Area
• South Fork Canyon Trail Improvements—Elko Area
In Southern Nevada:
• Willow Creek Habitat Improvement-Las Vegas/Spring Mountains Area
• Northern Red Rock Canyon Cleanup-Las Vegas/Red Rock Area
• Logandale Trials Kiosk Installation-Logandale/Moapa Valley Area
• Lund Dump Site Cleanup-Lund Area
• Gold Butte National Monument graffiti Removal-Las Vegas Area
• Big Dunes Kiosk and Trail Improvements-Amargossa Valley Area
• Lake Mead Litter Cleanup-Las Vegas Area
• Mack’s Canyon Cleanup-Las Vegas/Spring Mountains Area
September 30, 2017 is National Public Lands Day. To celebrate this we are going to share images of public lands from our archives every day in September.
#welovepubliclands #publiclandsproud #publiclandowner #NPLD #basinandrangelandsofseptember
Follow us on these social media sites:
The Basin and Range Project
We love the Basin and Range region and work to promote appreciation and respect for the area. We encourage all users to learn about, play in and protect this amazing resource.
We currently focus primarily on issues in the Nevada region of the Basin and Range, but are looking to expand soon.