The Bureau of Land Management (BLM), Carson City District-Stillwater Field Office has approved a Tungsten Mountain Geothermal Exploration Project proposed by Ormat Technologies Inc., in Edwards Creek Valley, Churchill County, approximately 60 miles east of Fallon, Nev.
The proposed geothermal exploration project consists of 610 acres of public lands within the lease area. The EA analyzes potential impacts from the proposed exploration and testing activities proposed by Ormat. The primary objective of the project is to further evaluate the characteristics of the geothermal resources in the Tungsten Mountain Project Area.
The proposed activities include:
• Constructing 27 exploration well drill pads
• Construct and maintain a 5-acre mineral material pit
• Constructing, improving or maintaining access roads
• Drilling and completing an exploration well to a depth of about 7,000 feet from each of the constructed drill pads
• Flow testing exploration wells to obtain samples of geothermal fluids and to collect aquifer information from the geothermal reservoir
• Drilling temporary water wells at one or more proposed drill
The documents may be reviewed online at www.blm.gov/nv/st/en/fo/carson_city_field/blm_information/nepa/nepa_archives.html. A copy of the environmental assessment will be provided upon request, or is available for review at the Carson City District Office at 5665 Morgan Mill Road, during regular business hours 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, except federal holidays.
For more information please call Steve Kramer at 775-885-6005.
Follow us on these social media sites:
The Basin and Range Project
We love the Basin and Range region and work to promote appreciation and respect for the area. We encourage all users to learn about, play in and protect this amazing resource.
We currently focus primarily on issues in the Nevada region of the Basin and Range, but are looking to expand soon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.